Deverick Anderson, MD, MPH
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine, 2001
- Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, 2001-2004
- Infectious Diseases, Duke University Medical Center, 2004-2006
- MPH, Epidemiology, University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill, 2007
Multidrug resistant organisms, hospital epidemiology, infection control, hospital-acquired infections including catheter-related, bloodstream, surgical-site infections
Hospital epidemiology, infection control, antibiotic stewardship, multidrug-resistant organisms, device-related infections, surgical site infections, catheter-associated bloodstream infections, cost of infections, infections in community hospitals
- Anderson, DJ; Miller, BA; Chen, LF; Adcock, LH; Cook, E; Cromer, AL; Louis, S; Thacker, PA; Sexton, DJ. The network approach for prevention of healthcare-associated infections: long-term effect of participation in the Duke Infection Control Outreach Network. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2011;32:315-322.
- Miller, BA; Chen, LF; Sexton, DJ; Anderson, DJ. Comparison of the burdens of hospital-onset, healthcare facility-associated Clostridium difficile Infection and of healthcare-associated infection due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in community hospitals. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2011;32:387-390.
- Freeman, JT; Sexton, DJ; Anderson, DJ. Emergence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli in community hospitals throughout North Carolina: a harbinger of a wider problem in the United States?. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2009;49:e30-e32.
- Anderson, DJ; Kaye, KS; Classen, D; Arias, KM; Podgorny, K; Burstin, H; Calfee, DP; Coffin, SE; Dubberke, ER; Fraser, V; Gerding, DN; Griffin, FA; Gross, P; Klompas, M; Lo, E; Marschall, J; Mermel, LA; Nicolle, L; Pegues, DA; Perl, TM; Saint, S; Salgado, CD; Weinstein, RA; Wise, R; Yokoe, DS. Strategies to prevent surgical site infections in acute care hospitals. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2008;29 Suppl 1:S51-S61.
- Anderson, DJ; Richet, H; Chen, LF; Spelman, DW; Hung, YJ; Huang, AT; Sexton, DJ; Raoult, D. Seasonal variation in Klebsiella pneumoniae bloodstream infection on 4 continents. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2008;197:752-756.
- Anderson, DJ; Sexton, DJ; Kanafani, ZA; Auten, G; Kaye, KS. Severe surgical site infection in community hospitals: epidemiology, key procedures, and the changing prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2007;28:1047-1053.